Fisher Engineering (FEI) partnered with RSP Architects to provide fire protection engineering and design services for Northern Arizona University’s student housing facilities. The project involved the retrofit design and installation of fire alarm and sprinkler systems in 26 buildings in five residence halls:
- South Village Apartments, 16 buildings, 124,548 SF
- Campus Heights Apartments, 7 buildings, 53,526 SF
- Gillenwater Hall, one building, 88,302 SF
- Raymond Hall, one building, 82,070 SF
- Roseberry Apartments, one building, 31,166 SF
Design and construction spanned two phases. FEI’s services included fire sprinkler system design, fire alarm system design, shop drawing reviews, construction progress surveys, punch-list inspections, and acceptance testing.
So as not to disrupt campus operations, all construction-related work took place during the university’s summer breaks in 2014 and 2015.
Northern Arizona University
- Fire sprinkler system design
- Fire alarm system design
- Construction progress surveys
- Acceptance testing